Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sarita Blog Hop




Hi! Welcome to the September edition of the Creatively Redeeming Treasures Blog Hop. If you are arriving from Elizabeth's blog, you are in the right place! This month, we are featuring the fantastic Sarita paper pack from Close To My Heart. I really love this paper. It's so trendy and modern, I love the navy and the orange, and the ikat pattern is one of my all time favorites. But as much as I love the paper, I wasn't feeling super creative with it. I kept pulling it out, looking at it, trying different combinations, and then putting it away again. I had no clue what to do with it. Then I talked to my best friend who just moved all the way across the country to live with her baby and her inlaws while her husband is going to school. She sounded so sad and lonely, and I wanted to do something to cheer her up. As soon as I knew I wanted to make her something, I knew EXACTLY what to do with this paper pack and this card was born.



I used the ikat patterned paper on an Outdoor Denim background. I used the fantastic Geometric Backgrounds stamp in the ikat pattern to stamp the navy cardstock in navy ink to give it a little bit more depth. I am a huge fan of background stamps, but these are probably my favorite. They are specifically designed to fit together so you can stamp seamless backgrounds with ease. It's so easy and adds such a great touch to your project.


The sentiment and the butterfly and flower stamps are from this month's exclusive You Are My Happy set, in celebration of National Scrapbooking Month. This is such a fantastic set. It comes with a complete uppercase and lowercase alphabet, a sheet of sentiments, and a sheet of adorable animals and shapes, and it only costs $10 if you purchase $50 or more in qualifying product!
  

The inside of the card has a delightful quote from Dr. Seuss and some more happy animals. I'm really happy with how this turned out and I think my friend is going to love it, too. To find out more about Close To My Heart or to purchase any of the products featured in this hop, contact your Close To My Heart consultant or follow any of the links in this post. Now hop on over to Kara's blog to see what she has for you. Thanks for stopping by!

Be Crafty!
Meredith

5 comments:

  1. Meredith, love those quotes! I love how you put the banner across the card like that. What a pretty card!

    Hugs,
    Helen G. (http://byheleng.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the card! The butterflies are beautiful!

    -Gina
    http://californiascrappin-gcinderella21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love this stamp set - great job with it :) Loving those butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Card Meredith! I absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete