Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Joyful Stars Blog Hop!

Hi! Welcome to the October edition of the Joyful Stars Blog Hop. If you are coming from Helen's blog, you are in the right place! Let's get started.

Its craft show season, so I've been working overtime to get myself ready for all my shows. I thought I'd share a little project I made for them using the Huntington paper pack. I absolutely love this pack. The colors and patterns are right up my alley, and I love that it can be great for fall or Christmas.



I've been seeing these cute little chocolate square holders all over pinterest, and I thought they would be a perfect little impulse buy to have at the shows. I didn't love any of the patterns, though. They all seemed too time intensive, too much scoring and folding and gluing. Then I remembered that somewhere I'd seen this idea. I can't remember where, (and if you know, please let me know so I can give credit) but I love the simplicity of it.


You use a 6x6 piece of cardstock, folded in half along the diagonal, sides folded in, then folded in half again to make two pockets. Punch a hole in the top, add some ribbon, and you are done! The only glue on this project is holding the patterned paper onto the base. It's so easy! They are the perfect size for a little chocolate square on one side and a small note on the other. They would make great stocking stuffers, be lovely in a bunch of flowers as a thank you for a hostess, a cute treat for all the members of your book club, and more. I really love how these turned out, and I'm excited to make more in more patterns and colors!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Now hop on over to Angelina's blog to see what she's made for us this month!

Be Crafty!
Meredith


4 comments:

  1. So cute and what a great idea. Think I'm going to have to try them. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What crafty idea for gifts... I love it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute. They would look good on a Christmas Tree as ornaments. Family and friends could take one home as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea; these would make great party favors - if Idon't eat all the chocolate first! :)

    ReplyDelete