Thursday, June 20, 2013

Creatively Redeeming Treasures Blog Hop




Welcome to the first ever Creatively Redeeming Treasures Blog Hop! I'm so glad you are here. If you are coming from Elizabeth's blog, you are in the right place! This month, we are featuring hexagons, which are such a fun shape, and especially the stamp set Honeycomb Flair. This is such a fun set and I especially love it because I can make my own patterned paper with it. Inspiration for this card also came from a challenge from Paper Crafting Divas. Lets get started!




I used a cream colored card base for this card. I added a 1.5" x 4.5" strip of paper from the Buzz and Bumble paper pack. Then, with the Hexagon stamps and ink in 5 different colors (Chocolate, Desert Sand, Honey, Goldrush, and Ponderosa Pine) I stamped a 3" x 3.5" piece of cream card stock to make my own patterned paper.




On top, I stamped a sentiment from one of the stamp sets that comes with the Artiste Cricut Cartridge in Ponderosa Pine and edged it with Goldrush ink




I used a piece of tan ribbon from my stash to make a little strip across the bottom, and added three sparkles as a finishing touch.

I really love how this card turned out. I love the hexagons, the colors, the sparkles, the sentiment, everything. To order a kit to make this card yourself, or any other projects you see on my blog, to learn more about CTMH, or to sign up for virtual or in person classes, send me an email or leave a comment below! If you have made something with hexagons, I'd love to see it. Thanks for visiting! Now, hop on over to Elizabeth's blog to see some more gorgeous artwork!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You need to share it on PCD so you can get treats for doing one of the challenges :). TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the way you "quilting" the hexagons! It makes a beautiful card, Meredith! You are talented gal ;)
    ~Helen G.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work! Love those hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is gorgeous! I really love how you created this card.. I need to try this technique but my judgement of distance and alignment is not great if you can't tell from my own cards! Beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you created the Hexagon patterned paper as a focal point of your card. Very talented indeed. :) ~Angelina

    ReplyDelete