Monday, June 17, 2013

July 4th Banner

The June Special, as I previously mentioned, is spend $35, including at least one qualifying stamp set, and get this fantastic mini banner for free! Well, I love banners. They are so perfect for any occasion, and they add such a festive touch. I decided, since it's almost July, to make a banner to add to the decor for our picnic! And I absolutely LOVE how it turned out


The mini banner is compatible with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. That means that all of the background papers were cut to fit the banner exactly, in about two minutes. I also used my Cricut to cut out the pieces for the medallions and the circles for the letters. I used this stamp set for the letters, which I stamped in black. I also used two different star stamps from two different sets to add a little something extra to the backgrounds. I used Cranberry and Pacifica inks which blended nicely with the red and blue paper.


After assembling all of the pieces, I strung the whole thing together with some Color-Ready Ribbon. I initially was planning on coloring it, but I decided I really liked the white. It gives it a very clean feel, which I like. I tied little knots in between the words to give a little bit more space, and on each end the ribbon is attached to a ring, ready to hang.


I really like how this turned out. It was a lot of work, especially folding all of those medallions, but I think it was totally worth it in the end. 

To purchase a kit with all of the pieces you need to make your own banner, or any of the other projects you see on my blog, to find out more about CTMH, or to sign up for any of the virtual or in person classes we offer, please feel free to contact me via email or leave a comment below! If you make something with the mini banner, send me a picture! I love to see what you create.

Stay Crafty!
Meredith





2 comments: