Friday, July 19, 2013

July Creatively Redeeming Treasures Blog Hop



Hi! Welcome to this month's Creatively Redeeming Treasures Blog Hop! If you are coming from Elizabeth's blog, you are in the right place! If you are just stopping by, feel free to follow the links and hop the whole way through and see everyone's artwork. This month's theme is 'Anything Goes', which is my favorite theme. :) I thought I'd show you a project I made for my team last month at convention. I recently learned how to do Coptic binding, which is a way to bind books so that they open flat at any page. If you would like to learn how to do this, there is an excellent tutorial here. I used a small notebook for the inside pages and plain, cream-colored cardstock for the outside covers. I used brown, waxed thread, although embroidery floss also works well. 


I forgot to take pictures before they flew in a plane, so it's a little beat up. I layered Chocolate and Sweet Leaf cardstock. On the brown cardstock, I stamped some flourishes around the edge in Chocolate, and on the green paper, I stamped the scallop dots from this stamp set. (By the way, this is one of my favorite stamps ever. I use it so often to make a subtle pattern on paper and it is so versatile. If you like making patterned paper with stamps and plain cardstock, this set is definitely a must have)




I layered a strip of the Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon on the green piece. The stamp is from 'For a Friend', and I cut an oval out on my Cricut that fits perfectly.


That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by. Now hop on over to Dolores' blog to see what she's made for us this month!

Be Crafty!
Meredith



8 comments:

  1. I would love to see this opened up to get a better idea of how the book works. Love the cover you created. TFS ~Angelina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Angelina. I'll try to add that.

      Delete
  2. This is very creative, Meredith! I love the way you stamp the card stock with the scallop dot as background. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this idea, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my notebook Meredith :) You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the coolest. I wish I could sew like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great idea and a fabulous project

    ReplyDelete